Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine’s Day: I LOVE COOKSTR.COM

Today is Valentine’s Day, but that’s not the only sweet thing happening today. Today I am the Cookstr.com Author of the Day! (Ok, settle down everybody….please remain calm and stay in your homes.) For those of you poor souls who are unfamiliar with Cookstr, here’s the scoop: Cookstr.com is a fabulous online destination for a broad collection of recipes from some of the best chefs and authors, including Marcella Hazan, David Burke, Nigella Lawson, Mario Batali, and dozens more. Me, too. The site was founded by a team of seasoned culinary professionals whose philosophy is that good food starts with good ingredients, and that eating responsibly and deliciously is within everyone’s grasp. Their extensive database of recipes includes a wide variety of recipes for all skill levels, making it an ideal source for everyone. Browsing through the Cookstr site is a great way to get an idea of the kind of recipes in a book before you buy it. Very sensible idea in this bad economy, where every penny counts. What’s the bottom line? I LOVE Cookstr.com. And I also love my husband, Dicky. Oh, yes, and I love all of you kind folks who visit my blog. It is Valentine’s Day, after all.